Each of us follow a grooming routine that meets our needs and works within our schedule. Whilst some of us spend very little time on our grooming, others follow a more regimented approach. And for those of us that may simply want to step it up a notch, we have put together a list of grooming essentials to follow daily, weekly and seasonally that you might want to incorporate. You may even find those few extra minutes could make all the difference and even land you a compliment or two!
- Use a facial cleanser suited to your skin type and apply a face moisturiser with a high level of SPF for sun protection to prevent skin damage and pigmentation.
- Use an anti-aging eye cream at night to hydrate the delicate skin around the eyes and help prevent those fine lines that lead to crow’s feet.
- Use a body wash daily to purify skin and clean away dirt or oil accumulated over the past 24 hours.
- Moisturise the body, focusing especially on dry patches of skin such as elbows, heels and hands.
- Apply hand cream each night before bed, as you will be less likely to wash it off. This is especially important for men who work with their hands or handle rough surfaces, abrasive materials or work with water. This will help to rehydrate your hands overnight and feel smoother.
- Trim, shave or neaten facial hair daily, this will keep it looking it’s best and prevent the 5 o’clock shadow look.
- Use a detoxing mask that deeply cleanses and rids the skin of toxins, dead skin cells, oil and more.
- Exfoliate using a body brush or exfoliating scrub to shed dead skin cells and dry skin, especially around knee-caps, elbows and ankles where it tends to be more prevalent.
- Those with facial hair, reshape your moustache, beard or goatee on a weekly basis, including side-burns to maintain growth and keep its shape.
- At the change of each season, head to your local men’s spa (yes, they exist) and opt for a men’s facial that will deeply cleanse pores, rejuvenate skin and result in a glowing complexion. You may even find the complimentary neck and shoulder massage a stressbuster too sertraline generic.
- Maintain nails by performing your own manicure at home. Simply invest in a good nail file to shape uneven nails and use a nail clipper to shorten those which are too long leaving a bit of a white tip, avoid cutting too close as it can cause in grown nails or lead to infection.
- Trim hair to keep it looking neat. Depending on your style and length some men need to cut their hair every two weeks, while others can do so once a month.
- Manage grey hairs every 5 weeks with Just For Men, simply apply and leave it on for 5 minutes, before thoroughly rinsing it off. Quick and easy!
- It’s important to maintain body hair including your eyebrows, back, chest, hands and toes as you feel comfortable, some men like a bit of hair whilst others dont. Whether you prefer hair removal cream or waxing, you can opt to go to a male waxing salon or DIY at home with a bit of help from your partner.